Getting married, or the honour of being the chief bridesmaid, and got a hen party to organise? But, no-one's got any money due to the credit crunch, or whatever else you want to call it. What to do? The idea of going to Barcelona, Prague, Dublin etc for the weekend is old news. Everybody's done it, been there, and got the dodgy pictures to prove it. So why not save your money, and your friends too, by having a hen party at home. (It doesn't necessarily have to be your home either).
Here are some ideas to host a fabulous hen party at home, without it costing the earth, and still letting everybody let their hair down and have a really good time and a night to remember. Don't forget the video cameras, and photos.
You could make it a pyjama party and have a sleepover too. Sleeping bags essential to kip on the lounge floor.
- Murder Mystery Night - There are specialist murder mystery web-sites where you can choose the theme and order on-line. Each guest is given an invitation to the evening, and they play a role and dress up as their given character. They suggest a menu for the evening, who your character is and ideas for dressing up. After dinner, you then get together and solve the murder. Great fun - especially after a few drinks.
- Employ your own butlers with a twist - Butlers in the Buff - nice to look at and helps the drinks go down.
- Organise a beautician and have a bit of a pamper night. Very relaxing evening, with champagne and a couple of beauticians who can give facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, whatever you fancy. Tame evening but you'll look fantastic the next day.
- Have a theme evening - tarts and vicars, western night, footballers wives, holleywood stars. All guests should decide who they are and what their imaginery lives are like. Get everyone to stay in character for the whole evening.
- Be kids again, and have a kids party, with jammy dodgers, iced gems and jelly and ice-cream! Entertainment could be face painting, punch and judy show, pass the parcel, pin the tail on the donkey (or use your imagination!!), musical chairs and anything else that you can think of that you used to do. Prizes awarded for the winners - these can be Hen Party gifts.
- Have a Mama Mia night - dress up as ABBA and hire a karaoke machine - sing Waterloo, Mama Mia, the winner takes it all......
- Hire a hot tub - it doesn't need to be summer. Drink champagne and study the stars.
Absolutely essential, is a full English breakfast the next morning, with lots of strong fresh percolated coffee, followed by croissants, and danish pastries.
For further advice and information on planning your wedding, visit Weddings in Surrey at www.weddingsinsurrey.co.uk.